Serving as Portland’s first fully universally-designed building, this project sets a new standard for accessibility. Tours are available to highlight Universal Design features, raising awareness of the importance of accessibility for all and acting as a dynamic model for others to follow throughout the region.
Visitors can also learn more about Universal Design and features that can be implemented in their own home through The Assistive Technology Lab.
- Accessible building entrances with automatic doors
- Motion sensors lights
- Kick-plate elevator buttons near the floor for individuals using wheelchairs or without use of their arms or hands
- Reachable light switches placed at a height lower than standard for easier access
- Power outlets placed at a height higher than standard for easier access
- Door and cabinets with lever knobs and pulls for easier access
- All restrooms fully ADA accessible, with one bathroom on each floor with enhanced accessibility features
- Adjustable-height workplace desk surfaces